This project is read-only.

Problem in Edit Product - File Downloads

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Hi,

in Admin - Edit Product panel
when I click on "File Downloads" I get this error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/mt' Application.
DataBinding: 'MerchantTribe.Commerce.Catalog.ProductFile' does not contain a property with the name 'FileId'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: DataBinding: 'MerchantTribe.Commerce.Catalog.ProductFile' does not contain a property with the name 'FileId'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): DataBinding: 'MerchantTribe.Commerce.Catalog.ProductFile' does not contain a property with the name 'FileId'.]
   System.Web.UI.DataBinder.GetPropertyValue(Object container, String propName) +8805293
   System.Web.UI.DataBinder.GetPropertyValue(Object container, String propName, String format) +8
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable dataSource) +398
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +109
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformSelect() +34
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +74
   MerchantTribeStore.BVAdmin_Controls_FilePicker.InitializeFileLists() in c:\git\MerchantTribe\App\MerchantTribeStore\BVAdmin\Controls\FilePicker.ascx.cs:121
   MerchantTribeStore.BVAdmin_Controls_FilePicker.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\git\MerchantTribe\App\MerchantTribeStore\BVAdmin\Controls\FilePicker.ascx.cs:72
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your open source product.
blucobalto.

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Line 120 of /BVAdmin/Controls/FilePicker.ascx.cs should read:

FilesDropDownList.DataValueField = "Bvin";

I believe that will resolve the issue. We'll include this in the 1.2 release on Tuesday. Thanks for reporting it!

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Ok Marcus, the change works.

But I have the following problems:

1) When I add a file, "Files Associated With this Product" is empty;

2) When I buy a product associated with files,
files, to download, are not visible anywhere.

Thanks,
blucobalto

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Could be a couple of things:

1) It could be that the user account that your application pool is using doesn't have permission to write to the /files folder in your site.

2) Unless the file is actually uploaded, there won't be anything to download. Also, downloads only appear after the order is "PAID" so make sure you put through a fake cash payment to test downloading or set the fake CC processor not to fail cards.